Medical Student & Academic Tutor
BAppSc(HM)(Hons), GradDipEd, MEd, MLead
* Graduate medical student & coach, previous careers in exercise physiology & education.
* I have 22 years secondary teaching, university sessional lecturing/tutoring and educational management & leadership experience, across the independent, Catholic, Jewish and government sectors in Ballarat, Melbourne, Sydney & London (UK).
* Demonstrated achievement of high student results in university Anatomy, Physiology & Exercise Physiology; senior secondary school Biology, Physical Education, Health & Human Development, Chemistry and Mathematics, guiding and challenging students with diverse abilities to achieve their potential.
* An accomplished specialist athletics coach, achieving school team & individual success at APS, State, National and International level in both Cross Country & Track, with appointments to coach & team manage state and national junior/schools representative teams.
* Personal coach/high performance adviser to State, National & World Schools (U18) Cross Country Champion, Senior World Championship Ultramarathoner (50/100KM) and multiple junior state/national medallists.
* Former national level senior and junior distance runner (Australian Junior, Universities & Victorian State Open Champion, Australian National Open Medallist).
* Active contributor to professional and community associations.
* Long term goal of specialising as a Sport & Exercise Physician with interests in General Practice, Emergency Medicine, Orthopaedics, Public Health. Aspire to be an active clinician, scientist/researcher, coach/lecturer/practitioner in Sports & Exercise Medicine, High Performance Sport, Exercise Physiology, Physical Activity/Nutrition/Metabolism & determinants of health linked to chronic disease prevention/management.
* Current Research Project (MD): Factors contributing to increased sports injury presentations at regional compared to metropolitan emergency departments.