My Coaching Philosophy
‘What are you going to do, starting today, that is going to make a difference to your life?’
- My passion lies in believing what once thought impossible, given the right tools, shown the right support and focus, are indeed possible. I believe that everyone can have an active and healthy life.
- Everyone is different and unique but every journey starts with a single step.
- Whether you are looking to improve on your best times; learning to run from the couch to a 5k event, marathon or anything in between, aiming for a Triathlon; learning or improving your skills is energizing.
- I am passionate about connecting with people who aim to improve their lifestyles and who also believe in being involved with something greater than themselves. I am a firm believer that we not only can achieve our goals, that through our own achievements we can empower others.
- I encourage those I coach as part of a holistic approach, to go beyond themselves in support of the varied nonprofit organizations that all too often don’t get to their ‘possible’.
- Having completed many marathons both in Australia and overseas and as an age-group Ironman, I know what it means to balance the lifestyle that running and triathlon bring. Balance to your training with structure, consistency and recovery.
- Following the Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport as a coach, the fundamentals of respect, trust and commitment, should also be mirrored by those that I coach and support in their goal for a better lifestyle.
Who am I
With a history of competitive Track running and as a Netballer, the last 10 years focused on long distance running from 10k to 45k Marathon, and in Triathlon/Ironman distance events.
Coaching experience in both long distance running and triathlon development.
Involved with Athletics Australia Primary and Secondary Active Healthy Kids Schools Programs through the outer-eastern suburbs of Melbourne
Pro-bono coaching support to varied NFP running groups.
'Without faith, no explanation is possible but with faith there is no explanation required' St Thomas Aquinas